Childhood Memories: 10 Questions to Ask Your Partner
One of easiest ways to learn about each other is to ask each other questions, and take the time to answer truthfully and honestly.
Learning new things about Imani is one of my favorite aspects of continuing to nurture and grow our relationship. Continuing to learn about each other has built trust, increased intimacy, and given us countless topics of conversation.
This was a skill that we had to build up over time and, for me, the hardest part was coming up with questions to ask Imani (which has always been too easy for her; sometimes I have to ask her to STOP asking questions).
Anyways, I’ve come up with a list of 10 questions (organized by depth) to spark conversations with your partner – this list is all about childhood memories (D’aawwWWww).
(Psst… This may be especially helpful given many couples’ continued quarantine situation – perfect for when you run out of things to talk about or are simply looking for things to do).
Getting Your Feet Wet…
1. What was your favorite movie growing up?
2. What was your favorite childhood activity?
3. Who was your childhood best friend, and what is your favorite memory with that person?
Inching above the neckline…
4. Who was your first kiss? Do you think they remember you?
5. What kind of student were you?
(As a former teacher, I personally like asking all of my friends this question – just to judge them a bit.)
6. Is there a childhood achievement you were particularly proud of?
Just going for it!
7. What is your favorite childhood memory?
(It’s ok if they cheat and pick more than one…. I always do.)
8. What was your childhood dream? Is there a particular reason you stopped pursuing it?
9. Were you closer with your mom or your dad growing up? Why?
10. What was your most embarrassing childhood moment?
This one is my personal favorite! And as a reward for reading this article, here’s mine: In 5th grade, I farted while walking out of the classroom, and the most popular kid in school smelled it and instantly threw up in the trash can… YIKES.
Question-asking is one of our go-to ways of promoting the “same new love” concept, so we’ll be sharing more of these posts with different tones in mind – anywhere from fun and flirty to thought-provoking and pivotal.
If there is a question you think I should have included in this lighthearted list, please comment down below!